3 Simple Steps to Getting Started with Zoom
Congrats on your first Zoom account! Zoom is the easiest, most frictionless way to meet and collaborate on video. Here are a couple quick tips to help you unlock the full power of Zoom.
1. Explore Zoom.
- Explore Zoom on your desktop. If you haven’t already, download Zoom to your PC or Mac. Host a test meeting, click around, try screen sharing, recording, annotating, chat, in-meeting settings, and so forth. You can’t go wrong.
- Next, schedule a meeting. Better yet, invite someone to your Zoom IM!
- Finally, sign into your account at zoom.us/signin to check on your settings and turn on some cool, slightly-hidden free features like our appearance touch up and virtual backgrounds (the latter requires a green screen).
Not into self education? We can give you a guided tour instead. Check out a weekly live demo or a webinar at zoom.us/events. You can also explore our knowledge base at support.zoom.us to get answers to any specific questions. Specifically, our Getting Started: User Guide has all the answers.
2. Zoom On-the-Go.
Sure, Zoom on your desktop is a must, but we look great on mobile too. Download our free mobile app so you never miss a meeting or chat. Our mobile app features include:
- Schedule a meeting
- Start or join a meeting
- Cross-platform desktop/mobile messaging and presence
- True mobile screen sharing of any documents or your entire interface (apps and all!)
3. Schedule Faster.
The fastest and easiest way to schedule your Zoom meetings is to use our free plug-in for your existing calendaring system. With our plug-ins, you schedule your meeting as usual, and then just click “Make it a Zoom Meeting” to add all the Zoom info into your invite. It’s a snap!
Follow these three steps and you’ll be Zooming like a pro in no time. Have fun!