A Million Reasons to Celebrate Zoom Phone
We launched Zoom Phone in January 2019 because we saw an opportunity to provide a business phone solution that is as simple, reliable, and easy to use as our video platform. Today, we’re proud to announce that we’ve sold more than 1 million Zoom Phone seats around the world!
Going from zero to a million licenses in less than two years is a testament to the growing need for a rich cloud telephony solution like Zoom Phone. Organizations around the world no longer have to just settle for a phone solution; they can choose one that strategically scales with their business.
Whether it was to replace an outdated legacy solution, consolidate communications onto a single platform, or enable remote and hybrid teams amid COVID-19 (or all of the above), we’re extremely grateful for every organization for choosing to deploy Zoom Phone. We’re also proud of our Zoom teams for constantly driving the speed of innovation to meet your evolving business communication needs.
Here are a few of the highlights from the road to 1 million and a few reasons why we got there so quickly.
The road to 1 million
Since introducing Zoom Phone, we’ve:
- Expanded global coverage to 44 countries and territories, with a simplified pricing model that enables a straightforward implementation
- Been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Worldwide, in the first year we qualified
- Added numerous valuable features, including Nomadic E911, SMS, business app integrations, and more to help organizations improve safety, productivity, and business continuity
- Deployed Zoom Phone to so many amazing organizations, including Ciena, Quinnipiac University, and eBay, who trust Zoom for their critical voice communications
- Been named a Top 10 UCaaS Platform by peer review site G2
- Launched the Zoom United pricing bundle to make it easier for businesses to manage Zoom Phone, Zoom Chat, and Zoom Meetings on a single license
“Zoom Phone has been an astounding success,” said Elka Popova, VP of Connected Work Research at Frost & Sullivan. “Thanks to its innovative pricing model and widespread availability in 44 countries and territories, it has quickly become an attractive option for many SMB and enterprise customers around the world.”
The value of Zoom Phone
Traditional telephony can be a complicated and costly endeavor — especially for global organizations — involving expensive hardware and multiple carriers. We knew there had to be a better way for organizations to manage their telephony solution, and to actually benefit from it, too.
Over the past two years, we’ve focused on creating a phone solution that’s easy enough for small and midsize businesses to use and deploy and has all the advanced capabilities large multinational organizations require to support global users.
“Zoom Phone has been incredibly valuable when it comes to keeping our teams connected,” said Susan Delaney, Director, Global Network Services at eBay. “The one-click option to elevate calls to meetings allowed our users ease, and reduced time spent, alleviating the need to juggle multiple platforms. Zoom’s pricing plans made it easy to roll out a single solution across our offices around the world.”
Zoom Phone enables all sizes of organizations to:
- Simplify management of voice and video communications with a centralized admin portal
- Maintain business continuity with features like call forwarding, transfer, hold, call park, barge/monitor/whisper, call queues, call recording, and the ability to elevate a Zoom Phone call to a Zoom Meeting
- Enhance on-premises safety and security with Nomadic E911 (see the video below), internal safety team alerts when calling 911, and dashboard metrics for emergency location tracking
- Improve productivity with native integrations to essential business applications like Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and Google G-Suite, and call center integrations with Five9, Genesys, InContact, Talkdesk, and Twilio
Simply put, we’ve listened carefully to what you’ve been asking for all along – a phone solution designed for all the ways you need to communicate. And we couldn’t have done it without you.
So, to all of our Zoom Phone customers, thanks a million.
For additional reading on why people continue to choose our cloud phone solution, check out this short ebook on the benefits of Zoom Phone.