Zoom CEO Announcement: 30 Million Reasons To Thank You
To Our Loyal Customers,
Today we’re announcing that Zoom has raised $30 million in Series C funding, lead by Emergence Capital, with participation from Zoom’s existing investors Li Ka-shing’s Horizons Ventures, former Yahoo! CEO and co-founder Jerry Yang, Qualcomm Ventures, and medical entrepreneur Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong.
In addition to this funding announcement, we’re excited to share our record growth numbers and product innovations we’ve made since our 2013 Series B funding:
- Increased business customer base from 4,500 to 65,000 companies
- Grew meeting participants from 3 million to 40 million individuals
- Surpassed 1 billion meeting minutes
- Gained 2,500 educational institution customers
- Created the industry’s first iPhone/iPad screen sharing and co-annotation
- Introduced the Cloud Room Connector, a platform for connecting H.323/SIP video endpoints to the cloud
- Developed ZoomPresence, the world’s first software-based conference room system built on Mac and iPad
- Launched Zoom Webinars, which can support 25 video panelists and 3,000 viewers
Not only does this round more than double the funding Zoom has received in our prior rounds, it is the largest initial investment Emergence Capital has ever made! We will use this funding to build our sales and marketing teams, grow our international reach, and further innovate our products. To learn more, you can read:
- The Press Release
- “Fastest Growing SaaS Company” -Emergence Capital
- “Fast Growing Zoom” -The Wall Street Journal
- “Double Down on Video Conferencing” -Silicon Valley Business Journal
- “Zoom Snags $30M” -Xconomy
- “Zoom Raises $30M” -eWeek
We’re looking forward to the next steps in our journey with our new partner Emergence Capital, and with you, our customers. Thank you for choosing Zoom. We couldn’t have done any of this without you.
Founder and CEO of Zoom
PS. If you haven’t tried Zoom yet, I hope you’ll join the millions who love our service. You can sign up for your free account today!