New From Zoom: Enhanced Waiting Room Notifications, More Ways to Transfer Zoom Phone Calls
We already showed you some of the new enhancements that liven up the Zoom Meeting experience like filters, new emojis, and more. Today we wanted to highlight some additional functionality released this week across the Zoom suite of virtual collaboration products.
With the latest Zoom platform update, you can:
- Do this in Meetings:
- See who’s in the Waiting Room via a popup that appears outside the Participants panel, so you know when someone is waiting to join even when sharing your screen or when your window is minimized.
- Present with your PowerPoint or Keynote slides as a virtual background. This new beta feature allows you to immerse yourself in your presentation like a weathercaster.
- Do this in Chat:
- Share images and files from Microsoft SharePoint.
- Sync your Zoom presence to Microsoft Outlook so colleagues can easily know when you’re available or in a Zoom Meeting.
- Do this in Phone:
- Transfer a Zoom Phone call to any Zoom Meeting (even someone else’s!) by entering the meeting URL, Personal Meeting ID, or sharing a calendar event.
- Transfer a Zoom Phone call to a Zoom Room. See how easy it is to start a call from anywhere and finish it from a Zoom Room in this video:
- View a quality indicator on your Zoom Phone call, so it’s clear whether there’s any connection issue or signal degradation.
- Use keyboard shortcuts and easily, accept, decline, and end a Zoom Phone call, mute/unmute, search the directory, and more with pre-set hotkeys.
To learn more about the latest product updates to the Zoom platform, view our release notes. To learn more about how Zoom solutions can elevate communications across your organization, sign up for a personalized demo with a Zoom product specialist today!