Latest Platform Updates: Enhanced Zoom Team Chat Experience, More Secure Screen Sharing & Expanded Zoom Phone Service
From major Zoom Team Chat enhancements (hello, Replies and Reactions!) to user experience and privacy improvements, the latest client and web releases for Zoom’s unified communications platform offer some standout features. Here are some of the highlights that are sure to elevate your business communications.
Zoom Team Chat
- Replies and Reactions: Users can reply and/or add emoji reactions directly to other messages. All replies and reactions are grouped with the original message, making it easier for users to follow and engage with related conversations.
- Rich Contact Profiles: Allow other users to see your department, job title, and/or location in their contact profile when someone hovers over your name. Admins can set these up automatically with SAML mapping, and users can manually update their attributes on their Profile page.
- Broadcast Announcements: Account owners and admins can choose specific users to send one-way announcements to everyone in the same account.
- Enhancements to Groups and Channels:
- @all mentions will now notify all members of a chat group/channel, whether they are active or not. If using an @all mention with a channel of 1,000 members or more, users will be asked if they want to notify all members of the channel before proceeding.
- _channel can be used to link to another channel. If a user is a member of that channel, they can click on the name of the channel and they will be redirected to it.
- @mentions in a channel will now link to a user’s name. Clicking on the @mention displays the user’s profile, where you can chat, meet, or call that user.
- The admin for a group chat or channel can now add details to an announcement section, such as the purpose of the chat.
Zoom Meetings & Webinars
- Screen-Share Applications Only: This security feature allows account owners and admins to limit screen sharing to applications only, preventing the meeting host and participants from sharing their entire desktop.
- Managed Domain Improvements: If you sign in with an email address that belongs to an account with a managed domain that you are not already a part of, you will be prompted to join the account or change your email address.
- Send a Message to Participants in a Waiting Room: Meeting hosts can send a one-way message to all participants in the Zoom Waiting Room.
- Simultaneous Interpretation: Users bring their own interpreters, and Zoom provides multiple audio channels that mix the original and interpreter audio at an optimal ratio that enables the listener to understand the interpreter but also hear the tone of the original speaker.
- Advanced Noise Suppression: Users have additional options (Settings – Audio – Advanced) to detect and cancel background noise and improve audio quality.
- Service Availability in Ireland, New Zealand, and Puerto Rico: Zoom Phone account admins can now assign a local calling plan and phone number to a user in these countries, purchase additional local phone numbers (including toll-free phone numbers), and port existing local numbers to Zoom. Emergency services also are in place for these phone numbers.
- Genesys Contact Center Integration: In addition to Five9 and Twilio, Zoom Phone now supports network peering with select Genesys cloud contact center solutions. Account owners and admins can define on-net call routes directly to their Genesys cloud contact center.
- Expanded Beta Service in Europe: Zoom Phone is now available to qualified customers for beta testing in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
- IP Deskphone Templates: Admins can define desk phone templates for various user personas to simplify large system deployments.
- Waiting Rooms: Zoom Rooms now support Waiting Rooms as a meeting host, in addition to as a participant.
- Box Integration: Zoom users can upload and share files stored in their Box account to Zoom Meetings and Zoom Team Chat.
- Customize Recording Consent Message: Account owners and admins can customize the recording consent pop-up message when you begin recording a meeting. For users to see the customized message, they will need to be on Zoom Client 4.6.0 or later.
- Support for Korean: Users can set their Zoom application language to Korean.
- Featured Category on Zoom App Marketplace: Discover apps curated by Zoom. Check them out monthly to learn about our favorites.
- New Marketplace Apps: Zoom’s App Marketplace is growing daily, and new and updated apps from Zoom include Zapier, Adobe Creative Cloud, SendGrid, and Quickbooks.
For the full list of new features, check out the release notes for Mac OSx, Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux platforms, and follow these instructions to get on the latest Zoom version. For additional information, sign up for a customized 1-on-1 demo with a Zoom product specialist today.