Gartner Report: Modernizing Employee Communications in the Digital Workplace
Need to improve your employee communications? You’re not alone and we are here to help. We hear it all the time from prospects – they need a better way to facilitate communications with their employees.
Improving multi-directional dialogue with dispersed teams and remote employees is a challenge. CIOs are being asked by their CEOs to find a better way and to improve internal communication to gain alignment and help their organizations move faster. According to a recent Gartner report:
- A whopping 63% of CEOs say that they are likely to change their business models between 2018 and 2020
- 37% of CEOs see a need to make significant or deep changes to company culture by 2020
In order to achieve these goals, companies must improve how they engage and communicate with employees. They must move from a publishing mindset of sending out updates, to a more authentic, inclusive way of communicating that can build trust and make them more agile. Using video communications allows for dialogue and shared understanding. Video creates a sense of connection and trust that help influence your employees’ beliefs, behavior, and actions. Video creates connections that affect how employees engage with each other, their work, and the organization at large.
When companies switch to Zoom they see an 85% increase in video usage because it’s simple, reliable, and works across desktops, mobile, and conference rooms. Consider some of the communications opportunities you can improve:
- Do your Town Hall meetings allow everyone to be on video and able to equally participate? Does your executive team have a way to easily communicate with their teams over video?
- Can you record video meetings with transcripts to share for later viewing?
- Do you have a chat client that shows presence and allows you to instantly start a meeting?
- Does your phone service allow you to switch to a video call for deeper collaboration?
- Do you have digital signage throughout your offices to promote events and updates to employees?
- Have you video-enabled your huddle spaces with one-touch to join and wireless screen sharing?
- Do you have scheduling displays outside of rooms allowing employees to easily find a space, and for you to track room utilization?
- Are your employees as effective on mobile devices as they are on desktops?
Zoom can be your full video-first unified communications provider with meetings, webinars, chat, room solutions, and phone. We can help your organization change your culture, improve internal and external communications, build trust, and get more done.
If it’s time to review your internal communications practices, download this Gartner report for a helpful eight-step framework to help you formulate, construct, and execute an overhaul of your business communications. Schedule your 1-on-1 demo with a Zoom product specialist today!
Gartner [Eight Steps for Modernizing Employee Communications in the Digital Workplace], [Christie Struckman, Mike Gotta, Adam Preset], [20 November 2018].