Getting Started with Zoom
Zoom gives you a crystal-clear video conversation and high quality screen sharing, anytime, anywhere, with up to 25 people.
How do I get started?
To begin, simply go to http://zoom.us and click on Free Account.
Enter your first and last name and your email address to sign up.
Or you can easily log-in with a Google or Facebook email and password. No new password to remember!
How do I start a meeting?
Once you log-in, you will see the main menu box (pictured below). The default tab is Meeting.
- Click on Meet Now to start an instant meeting
- Click on Schedule to set up a future meeting (Learn more about scheduled meetings.)
- Click on Join to join a meeting already in progress (Learn more about joining a meeting.)
What can I do in a meeting?
Once you have started or joined a meeting, you can perform the following actions from the menu bar (move your mouse to toggle):
- Invite more people to join by email, IM, SMS (mobile users) or meeting ID
- Screen share your desktop or specific applications window
- Group or private chat
- Host controls
- Mute/unmute audio
- Stop/start video
- Configure your settings
- Leave or end the video meeting
Visit our Support Center for more information about getting started with Zoom!
Ready to try Zoom for free? Sign up today!