How the World Connects: Why Half a Million Businesses Choose Zoom
We help people stay connected so they can get more done together. Teams around the world use the entire Zoom platform to enable new ways of working, learning, providing healthcare, delivering services, hosting events, and empowering a hybrid workforce.
Thanks to your support, we’ve grown over the past decade from a video conferencing solution to a communications platform that encompasses unified communications, developer, and event solutions. All these services provide a foundation upon which organizations can grow, innovate, and accomplish more — all while forging deep connections with the people they care about.
We’re proud to play a fundamental role in how the world connects. Half a million businesses globally choose Zoom for their critical communications, including:
- 70% of the Fortune 100
- Over half of the Fortune 500
- 85% of the Forbes Cloud 100, the world’s top private cloud companies
Every day, I’m amazed by how our customers use the Zoom platform to communicate with their employees, clients, partners, patients, and community in meaningful ways. Here’s a look at key industries and customers that choose Zoom to connect global teams and deliver vital services.
Secure communications for financial services
Financial institutions are using our platform to serve a growing number of clients who prefer to connect digitally and to give employees the flexibility to embrace hybrid work. The following financial services organizations choose Zoom:
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S. banks
- Over half of the world’s largest banks
A few of our financial services customers shared some of the ways they connect with our platform:
- Bridgewater Associates, one of the world’s largest hedge funds, designed outdoor Zoom Rooms to enable employees to safely meet in person while creating a dynamic meeting experience for those off site
- National Australia Bank, Australia’s largest business bank, uses Zoom to improve collaboration among teams
Enabling healthcare delivery & innovation
Health delivery organizations, health systems, and pharma-biotech companies are using Zoom for everything from virtual visits to global collaboration, including:
- 9 of the top 10 U.S. hospitals, ranked by U.S. News & World Report (U.S. News)
- 8 of the 10 largest U.S. health systems
- 7 of the 10 top global pharmaceutical companies
Here are some of the innovative ways our customers are transforming care delivery with the help of the Zoom platform:
- Moffitt Cancer Center uses Zoom Rooms to connect pathology and surgical teams during live operations, and to hold educational workshops and trainings
- CrowdOptic built Zoom technology into an intelligent video integration solution that allows hospitals to livestream surgical procedures for training and technical support
- The Dorm, a mental health treatment center for young adults, is designing hybrid group therapy spaces with Zoom Rooms
An immersive platform for education
Education has long been a focus and passion for us at Zoom, and many of our features are designed specifically with our education community in mind. We’re proud that these leading institutions choose Zoom:
- 22 of the 25 largest K-12 school districts in America
- 46 of the top 50 global universities, ranked by U.S. News
- 98% of the top 50 U.S. universities, ranked by U.S. News
We love hearing about the innovative ways schools and universities seize on the flexibility of Zoom to imagine new possibilities for teaching, learning, and connecting — and bring their ideas to life:
- Cobb County School District, one of the 25 largest school districts in the U.S., built Zoom into its custom learning management system (LMS) to give its teachers and students seamless access to Zoom in a digital environment
- Columbia University’s Digital Storytelling Lab created immersive virtual learning experiences with Zoom and Miro, threading elements of game design, experience design, storytelling, and art together to build a “classroom without walls”
Celebrating our innovative customers
While we’re proud to be a trusted choice for some of the largest companies in the world, we’re even happier to be a platform people love to use and build with. Whether they’re collaborating with colleagues, overseeing critical missions, or developing custom integrations, people turn to Zoom because it’s easy to use, secure, and reliable.
Here are a few more stories of innovation from our customers:
- RealWear creates wearable headsets that integrate with Zoom to help frontline workers in the field and factory operate equipment, perform maintenance, and troubleshoot issues. Employees can capture photos and share live footage from hazardous or inaccessible environments with remote experts, enabling real-time virtual collaboration that’s safer and more efficient.
- Hamilton County Developmental Disabilities Services, a government agency in Ohio working with individuals with developmental disabilities, leverages the Zoom platform, including Zoom Phone, to help support constituents and increase participation among the families it serves. HCDDS also uses Zoom’s Live Transcription feature to improve accessibility for employees who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- TaskHuman, an instant video chat app, used Zoom’s Video SDK to enable powerful video-based human connection between its users and experienced wellness coaches. TaskHuman incorporated Zoom’s core video and audio technology via the Video SDK to facilitate 1:1 personalized guidance sessions through video calls between customers and a global network of specialists spanning hundreds of topics across all areas of work and personal life.
We love celebrating all the inspiring ways our customers use Zoom to connect and innovate. Visit our customer stories page, where organizations large and small share why they chose Zoom and how our platform enables their best, most meaningful work.