Introducing Zapps, Bringing Best-of-Breed Apps Into the Zoom Experience
The “best of breed” strategy is an increasingly popular approach when it comes to choosing and supporting today’s workplace applications. Its effectiveness is limited, however, if your team members can’t access their apps where, when, and how they need them. We’re introducing Zapps to change that.
Zapps give access to best-of-breed applications throughout your Zoom meeting workflow, to be more efficient and effective before, during, and after your virtual meetings, helping to operationalize your best-of-breed strategy and enhance productivity.
Here’s more about how Zapps can transform your Zoom experience to make coming together more productive, more delightful, and even more fun.
What are Zapps?
Zapps are apps that you can use within the Zoom platform to help improve productivity and create more engaging experiences. No more switching between multiple applications on your desktop. Now you can quickly navigate to apps within the Zoom interface to streamline permissions, grant document accessibility, and collaborate on screen.
The first Zapps will be distributed in the Zoom experience by the end of year and open to developers shortly thereafter. Both free and paid Zoom users will have access to these amazing features.
Over 25 launch partners are building Zapps for:
- Collaboration, like Atlassian, Asana, Box, Dropbox, Slack, and Wrike
- Education, like Coursera, Kahoot!, and Kaltura
- Enhancing the meeting and webinar experience and expression, like Cameo, Exer for Exercise classes, and Slido for polls and QA
- Personal productivity, like Superhuman for email, Woven for calendaring, Pitch for presentations, Smartsheet for spreadsheets, and Coda for living documents
- Sales and marketing, like HubSpot, Chorus, and Gong
- Whiteboarding on a Zoom Room touchscreen device, including Lucidspark, Miro, and Mural
- Support and incident response, like ServiceNow and PagerDuty
The benefits of Zapps
Zapps help surface all the applications you need to be productive and enable the free flow of information between teams before, during, and after the meeting.
Think of Zapps as an app store right where you need it most — in a Zoom meeting, room, chat, webinar, phone call, and even your contacts directory. Bringing your critical applications directly into the Zoom experience means you can:
- Access multiple applications directly in the Zoom client
- Easily share the document you’ve been working on, instead of scrambling to find it
- Leverage Zapps before, during, and after your meeting so you don’t lose information or productivity
For example, you can use the Dropbox Zapp to share the document you’ve been working on. You can put up a poll using the Slido Zapp. Or you can pull up the Asana Zapp and do status updates on your team projects.
Zapps are also unique in supporting the full meeting workflow. A meeting notes Zapp, for example, can be used beforehand to prepare the agenda, during to take notes, and after the meeting as a summary.
How to use Zapps
You can search and add approved Zapps and integrate them directly into your Zoom account. Based on your own customization, these apps will be available to you on demand across Zoom’s portfolio of solutions.
It’s fast and easy to open a Zapp in a Zoom session:
- Share a Zapp with one click to screen share and get your team on the same page
- Send a Zapp to directly engage everyone in real-time collaboration. If they haven’t added the Zapp yet, they can quickly do so and immediately engage on the shared Zapp page
- Discover and use a new Zapp, even on the fly in a meeting
What developers need to know
Zapps enable third-party developers to create and distribute apps that enrich the Zoom experience and enhance the meeting workflow to increase productivity. Developers can submit Zapps to Zoom for testing, approval, hosting, and publishing. We’ve also designed Zapps to give developers a fast and flexible web view canvas to create word of mouth and viral distribution, as well as IT deployment and manageability. To sign for the developer announcements email, visit zoom.us/zapps.
The next generation of collaborative app distribution, adoption, and engagement, Zapps will transform SaaS workflows and business productivity. Visit zoom.us/zapps to see our partner demo videos and to stay up to date on the Zapps launch!