Introducing Zoom Rooms Appliances, Which Further Simplify Zoom Rooms Installation, Use & Management
Zoom Rooms Appliances are everything end users — and IT managers — love
Partnering closely with the best hardware providers in the world, Zoom Rooms disrupts the video conferencing industry again with today’s introduction of purpose-built, turnkey appliance endpoints that are easy to buy, install, use, and manage. Zoom Rooms Appliances complement the ultimate flexibility of our existing platforms and are designed for Zoom’s high velocity of innovation fueled by a video-first cloud.
Zoom Rooms Appliances elegantly consolidate functions into as few devices as possible while enabling a new wave of room intelligence, analytics, and manageability. Specifically designed to simplify large-scale Zoom Room deployments, these turnkey solutions enable frictionless procurement, faster installs, and a full-stack management experience.
Zoom Rooms Appliances are optimized for huddle rooms and small to midsize conference rooms, bringing benefits, such as:
- Simple installation: Fewer cables and pre-configured components provide a streamlined out-of-the-box experience.
- Tightly integrated software: An experience-driven approach from the beginning delivers a seamless experience for procurement, IT, and end users.
- Enhanced management: Update firmware and software for your appliance, and manage scheduling displays and calendar integration all from one admin portal.
- Streamlined procurement: Appliances are available for purchase globally via e-commerce or through authorized resellers.
The inaugural class of Zoom Rooms Appliances features innovative solutions from three Zoom technology partners — Neat, Poly, and DTEN.
Norwegian startup Neat launched its portfolio of Zoom Rooms Appliances — Neat Bar and Neat Board — at Zoomtopia 2019. Both will be on display at Zoomtopia this week and can be ordered globally from neat.no:
- Neat Bar is a purpose-built, compact meeting room system that delivers superior quality for huddle rooms and small meeting spaces. It comes with a dedicated controller and optional scheduling display and costs $2,500. Zoom users can pre-order Neat Bar online beginning today, with shipping slated for late December.
- Neat Board is a 65-inch touch collaboration board, delivering the ultimate modern collaboration experience in the meeting space. A controller and scheduling display are optional. It’s available to pre-order in January.
Poly unveiled two Zoom Rooms Appliances at Zoomtopia 2019 that simplify the Zoom Rooms experience and natively power Zoom’s meetings solution. Available for pre-order in November, Poly will offer Zoom Rooms customers all-in-one video bars, known as the Poly Studio X Series, designed for nearly any sized space:
- The Poly Studio X30, which features a compact design ideal for small offices or huddle rooms, supports 4K Ultra HD video, built-in wireless content sharing capabilities, and advanced microphone pickup range. It also delivers new Poly MeetingAI capabilities for breakthrough audio and video experiences, packing a comprehensive, professional boardroom experience into a small box. The Poly Studio X30 and TC8 room controller cost $2,199 and will be available for pre-order in November 2019.
- The Poly Studio X50, the larger of the two new solutions, boasts even greater pickup range to suit the needs of mid-size and larger conference rooms. In addition to the new Poly MeetingAI features, the Poly Studio X50 supports dual screens for Zoom Rooms, ideally suited to larger conference rooms. It also supports 4K Ultra HD video, 5x zoom, wireless content sharing, audio input/output, and a robust stereo speaker system. The Poly Studio X50 and TC8 room controller cost $3,499 and will be available for pre-order in November 2019.
Both the Studio X30 and Studio X50 are compatible with the Poly Trio, so they can be added on to existing Trio deployments. Poly’s G7500 video conference room solution, which is already shipping, provides a native Zoom Rooms experience that is ideal for large conference rooms, with a firmware upgrade starting in December 2019. Poly offers native Zoom appliances for every room size.
Functioning as a Zoom Rooms for Touch Appliance, the DTEN ON 55’’ is a single device that can enable video conferencing and interactive whiteboarding for small to mid-sized rooms. The DTEN ON provides flexible payment options that make high-quality video conference rooms more accessible than ever. Customers can choose from $149 per month (no contract or down payment required and cancel at any time) to as low as $79 a month with a multi-year commitment. The subscription comes with 24/7 customer support and 30-minute response times. This hardware-as-a-service solution is equipped with all the components you need right out of the box to connect and create more productively.
The DTEN ON also has a 27” version, perfect for smaller spaces such as home offices. It is equipped with three cameras and an eight-microphone array, costing $599.
Zoom Rooms are breaking the mold of the conference room industry conventions by bringing together the best of what were traditionally competing paradigms — proprietary codecs and a fully customizable, open hardware ecosystem. Customers are now able to leverage the best of both worlds.