Zoom Phone Surpasses 3 Million Seats Sold
We launched Zoom Phone in January 2019 because we saw an opportunity to provide a cloud business phone solution that is as simple, reliable, and easy to use as our video platform. We’re proud to announce that we surpassed 3 million Zoom Phone seats sold worldwide in Q1 of this year!
Going from zero to 3 million licenses in just over three years is a testament to the growing need for a rich cloud telephony solution like Zoom Phone. Businesses, schools, and other organizations no longer have to settle for a phone solution; they can choose a comprehensive system that empowers their hybrid teams and strategically scales with their business.
Whether it was to replace an outdated legacy solution, consolidate communications onto a single platform, or enable remote and hybrid teams (or all of the above), we’re extremely grateful to every organization for choosing to deploy Zoom Phone.
The road to 3 million
With innovative VoIP service from Zoom, organizations of all sizes can:
- Support remote, hybrid, and mobile work styles with comprehensive cloud phone features
- Simplify management of voice and video communications with a centralized admin portal
- Enhance on-premises safety and security with Nomadic E911, internal safety team alerts when calling 911, and dashboard metrics for emergency location tracking
- Improve productivity with integrations to essential applications like Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, and Google G-Suite, and call center integrations with Five9, Genesys, InContact, Talkdesk, and Twilio
Since introducing Zoom Phone, we’ve:
- Expanded global coverage to 47 countries and territories natively and provided a flexible BYOC option that extends our geographic reach even further
- Been named a Leader in the 2020 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS), Worldwide, the first year we qualified, and again in the 2021 UCaaS Magic Quadrant
- Been named the No. 2 provider in Omdia’s 2021 UCaaS scorecard for North America
- Earned recognition as a Top 10 UCaaS Platform by peer review site G2
- Added numerous safety, compliance, connectivity, and productivity features, including Zoom Phone Provider Exchange, Nomadic E911, SMS, Power Pack, Video Mail, and app integrations to streamline your work processes
- Helped so many amazing organizations, including Ciena, USC, Quinnipiac University, Equinix, and eBay, elevate their critical voice communications
We organically built out Zoom’s cloud-native architecture from the ground up, optimized for modern communications. Our ability to scale capacity as needed allows us to onboard new Zoom Phone customers quickly. It provides unmatched call quality regardless of the number of users on our platform.
“Zoom Phone has been an astounding success,” said Elka Popova, VP of Connected Work Research at Frost & Sullivan. “Thanks to its innovative pricing model and widespread availability, it has quickly become an attractive option for many SMB and enterprise customers around the world.”
The value to customers
Traditional telephony can be a complicated and costly endeavor — especially for global organizations — involving expensive hardware and multiple carriers. Over the past three-plus years, we’ve focused on creating a phone solution that’s easy enough for small and midsize businesses to use and deploy and has all the advanced capabilities large multinational organizations require to support global users.
“Zoom Phone has been incredibly valuable when it comes to keeping our teams connected,” said Susan Delaney, Director, Global Network Services at eBay. “The one-click option to elevate calls to meetings allowed our users ease, and reduced time spent, alleviating the need to juggle multiple platforms. Zoom’s pricing plans made it easy to roll out a single solution across our offices around the world.”
Bickford Senior Living is an industry-leading care provider for seniors in the United States across 62 locations. Working with its longtime channel partner, ServiceMark Telecom, Bickford piloted and tested several types of cloud-based phone solutions. Zoom Phone was the obvious choice when it came to cost savings, a clean interface, and the ability to streamline existing applications.
“We pride ourselves on being innovators and are thrilled to bring Zoom Phone to our caregivers, administrative staff, and corporate employees,” said Alan Fairbanks, Executive Vice President of Operations at Bickford. “We’re especially excited to consolidate the communication devices our caregivers carry each day. No longer will they need a cordless phone, walkie-talkie, and pager. Zoom Phone gives us everything we need and more. We’re making our caregivers’ lives easier so they can spend more time focusing on what matters most – caring for our residents.”
An additional selling point was the Nomadic E911 feature. “E911 will alert us immediately if there is a real problem at one of our branches,” Fairbanks added.
To sum it up more simply, we’ve listened carefully to what you’ve been asking for all along – a phone solution designed for all the ways you need to communicate. And we couldn’t have done it without you. So, to all of our Zoom Phone customers, thank you!
Cloud phone benefits today
Editor’s note: This post was updated from the September 10, 2021, version to include the most up-to-date Zoom Phone product updates and milestones.