Product Announcement: New Features for Zoom Rooms
Exciting news here at Zoom: We’ve just released a new version of Zoom Rooms!
“Back up a second,” you might be saying, “What’s Zoom Rooms again?” Well, clearly you’re not an avid reader of this blog, but we won’t take it personally!
Let’s do a quick Zoom Rooms refresh:
Zoom Rooms is Zoom’s software-based conference room system. Basically, if you can get some off-the-shelf Apple hardware and run the Zoom Rooms app, and you’ve just built yourself a state-of-the-art conferencing and collaboration space. Zoom Rooms brings you:
- Easy Set Up: Connect your HD camera, touchscreen, and monitor(s) to the Mac mini, then load Zoom Rooms and you’re good to go!
- Integrated Solution: Integrates with Google and Outlook calendars so you an instantly host or schedule a meeting. With Zoom Rooms, see your schedule of upcoming meetings and start a meeting with a single touch.
- Flexible Meetings: Up to 200 interactive participants or 3,000 webinar viewers can join from laptops, desktops, mobile devices, telephones, traditional conference rooms, and other Zoom Rooms.
- Content Sharing: Replaces outdated, difficult projector systems with easy sharing of desktop and mobile content over Wi-Fi or by direct HDMI connection.
So what about this update?
We’ve added some brand new features to Zoom Rooms and made some excellent feature enhancements.
Here are the new Zoom Rooms Features:
- Call-out to H.323/SIP endpoints via directory calling (with Room Connector subscription)
- Call-out to telephone via manual dialing (with Audio Call-Out subscription)
- Customize Zoom Rooms splash page (with Business subscription)
- Auto-answer a video call with auto-mute
- Update and downgrade Zoom Rooms Mac Mini app centrally
- Invite attendees via email when in-meeting