Recording & Recap: All About ZoomPresence Webinar
Yesterday, our Support Engineer Michael Mariscal hosted a webinar about ZoomPresence, our conference room system. This is one of our monthly series of webinars that focus on different Zoom features and products. Next month, we will discuss the Zoom Cloud Room Connector, which connects your conference rooms to the cloud.
Now, back to ZoomPresence. You can view the webinar on YouTube:
And download the presentation.
If you missed the webinar, here are the 5 key take-aways:
1. What is ZoomPresence?
ZoomPresence is the industry’s first software-based room system built on Mac OS and iOS. It’s our affordable and easy alternative to the complexities of traditional room systems. For more on the basics of ZoomPresence, you can read this feature spotlight blog post or check out the ZoomPresence webpage.
2. Calendaring and Scheduling
ZoomPresence makes it easy to start any scheduled meeting with a single tap! Simply integrate ZoomPresence with your Google, Microsoft Exchange or Office 365 calendar. Next, schedule your meeting using Zoom Chrome Extension, Zoom Outlook plugin (PC and Mac), web portal, Zoom’s desktop client, or your Zoom mobile app. Add your ZoomPresence Rooms (resources) when you send out your calendar invitation. Finally, go into your ZoomPresence room and start the meeting from the list of upcoming meetings.
You can also skip calendar integration, meaning you just start new meetings from your ZoomPresence or join by inputting the meeting ID on the ZoomPresence iPad controller.
2. Making the Right Room for You
ZoomPresence can work in a variety of rooms – from huddle rooms to large rooms to all-hands open venues. You can optimize ZoomPresence for each room size with different cameras, speakerphones, and monitors. We provide hardware suggestions for each room size in the ZoomPresence Set Up Guide.
4. New to ZoomPresence
During the webinar we announced two upcoming ZoomPresence features:
- You can screen share your Mac desktop or iOS applications with ZoomPresence via Airplay Mirroring. This is in addition to the other local or in-meeting sharing methods: wirelessly via share.zoom.us and wired via a Blackmagic Intensity Extreme.
- We provide local camera controls for pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ) cameras. The PTZ control panel is found in the local control on your iPad.
5. Getting Started
Here’s the next steps if you’re interested in ZoomPresence:
- Visit our knowledge base for step-by-step instructions.
- If you need assistance, please open a support ticket.
- If you’d like to get more licenses for your rooms, contact your sales executive.