The Unproductive State of Productivity
We’ve all done it, you can admit it – this is a safe place of compassion and understanding. We make what seems to be a well-informed decision and purchase a business solution for [insert collaboration need here]. It feels good, like something has been accomplished, and you feel liberated to focus on other more important business objectives. Until you and/or your team begin to notice gaps – individual missing elements you didn’t realize you would need, or irritating limitations you didn’t anticipate.
Unsatisfied, you begin to search for other potential replacements which promise to fill those annoying gaps. You know the rest, it’s rinse-and-repeat until you find that your organization is using a mash-up of several different productivity tools. Worse yet, you find that some employees are adding their own tools into the mix because the ones you’re paying for are too complex or buggy. The inefficient mess that follows drives productivity down, and opens up risks to your operations.
The effort to find collaboration solutions itself can be a highly unproductive exercise – one that would be so much easier if you could get it right the first time. The cloud collaboration market space is saturated with many services due to relatively low barriers to entry. In some ways it’s a good thing, but it also tends to expand the numbers of one-off tools strewn throughout your entire organization.
We did a brief survey of some of our customer’s collaboration tools. We found that the average number of collaboration platforms our customers have before Zoom is five – generally including chat/messaging, one to two video conferencing, audio conferencing, file sharing, and project/task management. Wow, that is a lot of different apps, log-ins, and complexity!
Here’s where it get’s interesting. Once customers sign on with us, they immediately replace an average of three collaboration tools with Zoom, and they often replace everything with Zoom eventually.
- Video Conferencing: Zoom’s HD video runs across Mac, PC, iOS, Android, Blackberry, Zoom Rooms, and H.323/SIP room systems. It replaces or integrates with the expensive conference room systems your company previously purchased, and replaces the low-in-feature consumer products your employees were secretly using when the business products were just too complicated.
- Audio Conferencing: Zoom’s offers high quality VoIP and telephone audio. We even offer a Premium Audio plan with toll-free, premium dial-in, or call-out numbers.
- Chat and Messaging: Zoom offers in-meeting private and group chats. We also have cross-platform IM and Presence.
- File Sharing: Zoom users can share files via IM and they can screen share and co-annotate files during Zoom meetings.
- Project Management: We recognize that even with screen sharing, file sharing, and our many other collaboration tools, Zoom isn’t a full-blown task management platform. So, we’ve integrated with some of the best ones out there, such as Redbooth.
There is a lesson to be learned from our customers: You can simplify and streamline your collaboration strategy with Zoom. To learn how, sign up for a free live demo today!