Total Customer Zen with Zoom and Zendesk
Zoom loves Zendesk – it’s the backbone platform of our support team. Zendesk loves Zoom – it is their organization-wide communications solution. So we got together to create an awesome integration called Zoom For Zendesk, which will empower your customer success and support teams with instant Zoom meetings right from the Zendesk interface.
Key Benefits of Zoom for Zendesk
The Zoom for Zendesk integration provides the following features to help support team members connect with customers over video, resulting in faster resolutions and happier customers:
- The agent can create an instant Zoom meeting in Zendesk, and post the meeting join URL to the Zendesk conversation or into email for the customer to click and join. They will then have Zoom’s best-in-class video, audio, and screen sharing. The support staff will even be able to remotely control the customer’s screen (with permission from the customer) to help them resolve their issue easily.
- The agent can schedule Zoom meetings from Zendesk, and post the start/stop times and join URL to the conversation.
- In the Zoom meeting, if participants create one or more recordings, Zoom will post URLs for those recordings to the Zendesk ticket conversation after the meeting ends.
Setting Up the Integration
Zoom and Zendesk customers set up Zoom for Zendesk in four simple steps:
- Get the API token from your Zendesk Admin page.
- Enable Zendesk in the integrations of your Zoom account.
- Get the API Key and Secret from Zoom’s Developer Portal.
- Install the Zoom app for Zendesk by logging into Zendesk and downloading the app in the Zendesk marketplace. You’ll enter the API Key and Secret from step three during this installation process.
Using Zoom for Zendesk
Start an Instant Meeting
When viewing a support ticket in Zendesk, click on the Apps button to show the Zoom meeting options in the sidebar. Click on Start a Meeting to launch an instant Zoom meeting. The Zendesk app will add a public message to the conversation that includes a link to the Zoom meeting. The customer just clicks the link to join the Zoom meeting.
Schedule a Meeting
Click on the Schedule a Meeting button on the same interface in Zendesk to launch the Zoom meeting scheduler. Adjust the meeting information as you like, and then click Save to schedule the meeting.
After the meeting ends, the agent will receive a private conversation entry, with the meeting summary, including meeting topic, start time, end time, duration, and list of participants.
If you record your meeting using Zoom for Zendesk, Zoom will send a notification to the Zendesk conversation that includes links to the recording. By clicking on the recording links, you can watch the recording online or download it without signing into Zoom.
Learn more about the Zoom for Zendesk integration: