Webinar Recap – Ask Me Anything with Eric Yuan & Zoom Leadership: June 30
In this month’s “Ask Me Anything” webinar hosted by Zoom CEO, Eric S. Yuan, we provided an update on our progress since our last executive session on May 19, 2021.
Eric was joined on the webinar by Deepthi Jayarajan, Senior Product Manager; Adi Regev, Lead Product Manager of Financial Services; Ron Emerson, Global Healthcare Solutions Lead; Pat La Morte, Global Education Solutions Lead; and Stephen Ellis, Global Government Solutions Lead. Brendan Ittelson, Chief Technology Officer, joined us for the Q&A session.
If you missed this month’s session, you can watch the recording here:
Updates from Eric
1:24-5:45: Eric began the webinar by highlighting some recent company milestones, updates, events, and more:
- Zoom turns 10: We celebrated an important milestone last week, as it marked Zoom’s 10th anniversary as a company.
- New privacy statement: As part of our commitment to transparency, we rolled out an updated privacy statement earlier this month, building on our current privacy practices and providing more detail and transparency. This update was intended to make our practices easier to understand for all our users.
- Zoomtopia: Our focus on privacy and security will also be threaded through the agenda of this year’s Zoomtopia, which will be held September 13-14, 2021.
- Zoomtopia Innovation Awards: Designed to highlight the innovative and creative ways our customers use Zoom, the 2021 Zoomtopia Innovation Awards are now accepting customer submissions through July 30.
New pronouns feature
5:46-9:48: Deepthi talked through last week’s launch of our new Pronouns feature. This feature is designed to help our users feel more included, express themselves, and be seen.
She provided some background on why pronouns are important, and explained how Zoom users can update their profile and sharing options to determine how and when they share their pronouns during Zoom Meetings and Zoom Webinars, giving them more control over their privacy.
Industry security & privacy features & enhancements
9:49-22:56: Adi, Ron, Pat, and Stephen spoke to the relevant security and privacy features for the financial services, healthcare, education, and government sectors, respectively. They also discussed how Zoom adheres to or supports certain industry-specific standards and commitments.
While many of the security features mentioned are industry-agnostic, these panelists highlighted those that are vital for addressing certain sector-specific pain points. Stephen even demonstrated how Zoom can be used to support disaster relief efforts! The sections are as follows:
- 9:55-13:00: Financial services
- 13:01-15:22: Healthcare
- 15:23-17:14: Education
- 17:15-22:44: Government
22:57-34:49: For the Q&A session, the panel fielded relevant questions from the audience. From pronoun feature availability to Zoomtopia topics to the blur snapshot feature, the questions prompted a lively discussion from the entire panel.
Whether you attended this month’s session live or watched after the fact, thank you for your interest in learning about our advances in security and privacy! We’re continually evolving our efforts to help make the Zoom experience seamless, safe, and secure for every user.
To learn more about our latest security efforts, be sure to visit the Trust Center or Zoom’s blog.
Editor’s note: To correct our answer to the question at the 33:28 mark, please note the blur snapshot is supported on iOS, but currently not Android. Android support is a work in progress and not released yet.