Top Questions From Campus Technology 2015
Zoom is having a great time meeting new folks and demonstrating our education solution at Campus Technology 2015, booth #625!
The Zoom team has had the chance to speak with many teachers and administrators so far at Campus Tech. We’ve learned a lot about the needs of educators and their students, so we thought we’d address their top questions here:
1. How is Zoom different from ________ ?
Great question! Here are a few of the reasons we’re the best solution for distance learning, mobile learning, hybrid classrooms, and more…
- Zoom combines cloud video conferencing, group messaging, and teaching tools such as screen sharing, co-annotation, and remote control into one simple platform.
- It runs across Mac, PC, iOS, Android, Blackberry, H.323/SIP systems, and our own software-based conference room system Zoom Rooms.
- We provide MP4 and M4A recordings of meetings. For Education Plan customers, these can be stored locally to the recorder’s hard drive, or stored to the Zoom Recording Cloud.
- We’re the only video conferencing solution that lets you share your iOS mobile screen and apps and share video with audio.
- Zoom’s solutions – video conferencing, video webinar, and conference room solution – are all at least 80% less expensive than other business-grade platforms, making it the most affordable service on the market.
2. Does Zoom integrate with LMS?
That’s an easy one: Yes! Zoom has an LTI integration with various Learning Management Systems (LMS), including Moodle, Blackboard, Desire2Learn, and Canvas.
3. Is Zoom a cloud solution or can I run it on premise?
Both! Zoom is a cloud solution; however, we also provide a Meeting Connector to our Business, Education, and Enterprise customers that allows you to keep your video, voice, and content sharing data on your own virtual machines.
4. How would Zoom work in my classroom?
Zoom has your classroom covered whether you have legacy conferencing systems or not.
- If you have and H.323 or SIP devices: We have a Room Connector that will bring your legacy room systems into the Zoom cloud so they can connect with people on other Zoom supported devices, like tablets, computers, and other room systems.
- If you don’t have existing room systems: Zoom Rooms is our software-based conference room system that runs on Mac and iOS hardware. You buy the hardware, install the Zoom Rooms software, hook it all up, and you’ve just made an easy, affordable conference room system.
So if you haven’t yet, be sure to stop by booth #625 to learn more about how Zoom can transform your college or university. We also encourage you to sign up for a live demo to get all your questions answered.