Why Zoom Is A 5 Star Mobile App
Zoom’s mobile app is racking up some serious kudos. Zoom was recently selected as a Top 10 Business Application for your iPhone 7 by eWeek, and won the Best Enterprise Mobility App for Mobile Video Conferencing by Compass Intelligence.
Zoom is one of the only 5 star apps for business out there. Many business apps are from legacy solutions that are forced upon users by their IT departments. They may get a lot of downloads because big enterprises have purchased the same old stuff for years and all of their employees need to install these less-than-stellar apps. Mobile was an afterthought for these meeting solutions that were built in the 1990s / early 2000s before smartphones even existed. Zoom, on the other hand, has a new, innovative approach to video conferencing – it’s easy and it works. And mobile has been a strategic priority for Zoom engineering from the very start.
Hop over to the App Store to read more reviews like this one:
“Think of it like FaceTime but professionally done. You can screen share, voice share, video share with multiple people at ease, and even record your sessions via your computer. You can do a lot more than just that, and I’m still discovering everything. I’m looking forward to diving into this application. Good job Zoom.”
10 Reasons Zoom’s iOS App Is Different From The Rest
- You will have the best video, audio and screen sharing quality from an iPhone or iPad (ok, we’re a little biased – we love our baby, but just read those reviews! It’s true!)
- You can connect with anyone – they can be on an iPad, iPhone, other mobile devices, Windows, Mac, Chrome OS, Zoom Rooms, H.323/SIP room systems, or telephones.
- You have safe driving mode while on the road. (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362973-What-Is-Safe-Driving-Mode-)
- The app features presence to let you see who on your team is available from mobile or desktop, and you can send group text, images, and audio files. Great for giving updates and sharing content without meetings or emails.
- Joining a meeting is easy. And if you want to initiate the meeting, you can start or schedule the meeting and invite someone by phone, email, or company contacts.
- You can screen share directly from your iPhone or iPad with iCloud, MS OneDrive, Box or Dropbox files.
- You can co-annotate during screen sharing from the iPhone or iPad, and even do real-time whiteboard collaboration on iPad.
- You can join as an interactive participant or view-only webinar attendee – all from one app.
- Works over WiFi, 4G/LTE, and 3G networks – Zoom works better than any other provider in low bandwidth situations.
- It’s FREE – you can enjoy unlimited 1:1 meetings with anyone. If you have more people in your meeting, you’ll need grab a Pro account, this would allow you to scale all the way up to 500 people – no time limits per meeting and no limitation on number of meetings you host.
Check out our Zoom for Android and Blackberry apps too!