Zoom Announces 215% YoY Usage Growth at Gartner ITxpo
Big news! Zoom just announced 215% Y0Y growth in usage and some major new features for our Zoom Rooms conference room system at this week’s Gartner Symposium/ITxpo!
So what does “215% YoY growth in usage” mean? Rough translation: Zoom is on track to hit 15 billion (that’s billion with a B!) annual meeting minutes! And how, you ask, did the Zoom user ecosystem grow to be so massive? Our President, David Berman, has the answer: “Zoom’s innovative solution is disrupting the traditional web and video conferencing markets. Our tremendous momentum is driven by the platform’s quality, reliability, and ease of use. With Zoom, organizations are simplifying their collaboration stacks for video conference rooms, executive offices, desktops, mobile devices and multiple use cases.” Thanks Dave!
Zoom is also announcing major enhancements to the Zoom Rooms conference room solution. These enhancements will be generally available by the end of October.
New Zoom Rooms features include:
- Intelligent Proximity with One-Click Share: Zoom Rooms will automatically detect your device, and with a single click you can share your content. No dongles, cords, or special codes – just one click and you can share content to the room system.
- Automatic Audio Feedback Elimination: Noise-canceling with proximity detection avoids meeting disruptions by automatically adjusting your computer audio when you’re in a Zoom Room.
- Direct Sharing: Share the content from your computer screen directly over your local network to the room display. This saves on bandwidth and provides higher-quality video.
- Remote Room Management: Allows IT to save time by controlling peripherals and managing Zoom Rooms remotely.
- IP PBX Call-in Support: Every Zoom Room can have its own phone number and accept incoming calls. This makes Zoom Rooms perfect for executive offices and conference rooms.
- Accessibility Support: Expanded accessibility features include closed captioning to display meeting text on conference room screens.
Zoom Rooms customers are pumped! “We’re excited about these innovative new features,” said Dennis Vallone, IT Manager for BAYADA Home Healthcare. “Zoom has changed the way we collaborate as a company. Zoom provides us with anytime, anywhere access from any device – from a smartphone to a conference room – all within the same ecosystem. The simplicity and affordability are allowing us to add video and screen sharing capabilities to our huddle and conference rooms.”
Get the Low Down
Zoom will demonstrate these new features in booth #725 at the Gartner Symposium/ITXPO, today through Wednesday at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. If you’re attending the expo, burn this into your brain because we’ve got non-stop demos of our Zoom Rooms and Zoom Video Conferencing solutions scheduled. Come by, meet with one and/or many of our very friendly Zoom staffers, and get a live demo of our amazing video collaboration solutions. So easy!
Also, don’t miss our fireside chat at the Gartner Symposium: Tuesday (tomorrow!), October 18, 1:45 – 2:15pm in the Osprey Room. David Berman will chat with Todd Dekkinga, CIO of Versartis Inc. (an International pharmaceutical company), AND Pradeep Mannakkara, Senior VP & CIO, Cvent (a Provider of Online Software for Event Management) about the challenges of legacy video conferencing solutions, the decision to switch to Zoom, and how the rollout and adoption progressed.
Can’t make it to Gartner? No worries at all, set up a live demo with one of our product specialists today!