Zoom FAQs: How to Download Zoom & Schedule Meetings
Have you just created your Zoom account? Wondering what to do next? Wondering about some of Zoom’s features? You’ve come to the right place! We’ve curated some of the most commonly asked questions to help you jumpstart your Zoom experience.
Where do I download the latest version?
- Desktop Client: Zoom provides notifications when there is a new optional or mandatory update. Click Update to update. You can also manually download the latest version here. Most Zoom updates are optional. You can postpone them if you like, although Zoom works best when you keep it up-to-date.
- Mobile App: Zoom’s mobile applications automatically notify you when there is an update. You can update from the Appstore for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Learn more about updates here.
How do I schedule meetings?
Zoom allows users to schedule meetings from the desktop client, the Zoom web portal, calendar plugins, and even from their mobile device.
- Scheduling from your desktop Zoom client: Click on the Schedule icon in your Zoom client. Select your meeting settings, and then click Schedule to finalize. You will have the option to add your meeting to your chosen calendar, such as Google Calendar, Outlook, or iOS calendar.
- Scheduling from the Zoom web portal: Log onto My Meetings and click Schedule A Meeting. Select the meeting options and then click Save to finish. You can select a calendar to automatically add your meeting to your calendar or select Copy The Invitation to manually send it out via email.
- Scheduling from plugins: To use Chrome, make sure the Zoom Chrome Extension is installed and link your Google account. You can directly schedule a meeting from the extension, or schedule a meeting from Google Calendar by clicking Make it a Zoom Meeting. To use Outlook, make sure the Outlook Plugin is installed. Click Schedule a Meeting on the Outlook toolbar.
- Scheduling from the Zoom mobile app: Tap the Schedule icon. Select your meeting settings, and then tap Schedule or Done to finalize and add your meeting to your chosen calendar and invite attendees.
Learn more about scheduling meetings here.