Zoom Phone Launches in the UK & Australia With New Features
Zoom today announced the general availability of our Zoom Phone cloud phone service in the United Kingdom and Australia. We also released several enhancements for our phone service, including multi-language prompt support, Office 365 and Gmail integrations, the ability to multitask on mobile without dropping the call, on-hold music management, and others.
Zoom Phone is a cloud phone system available as an add-on to Zoom’s platform. Support for inbound and outbound calling through the public switched telephone network (PSTN) and seamlessly integrated telephony features enable customers to replace their existing PBX solution and consolidate all of their business communication and collaboration requirements into their favorite video platform. Zoom Phone offers features such as Bring Your Own Carrier (allowing customers to bring existing PSTN SIP trunks to the Zoom platform for easy international and phased deployments), the ability to escalate voice calls to video with a single click, and contact center partnerships with Five9 and Twilio.
Now available for Zoom Phone:
- Availability in the United Kingdom and Australia: Zoom Phone now supports local phone numbers and PSTN access with new Metered and Unlimited Calling Plans in the United Kingdom and Australia. This expanded geographic coverage allows Zoom customers to migrate away from their in-country legacy phone systems to consolidate business communications into Zoom’s all-in-one, video-first communications platform.
- Multilingual prompts: Simplify multi-site administration with configurable Zoom Phone prompt language preferences for international users and office locations in a single global account. Supported prompt languages include American English, British English, Canadian French, and Spanish.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Gmail contact integrations: With out-of-the-box integrations to Office 365 and Gmail, Zoom Phone users can easily import, view, and click-to-dial contacts from these popular email platforms in the Zoom desktop and mobile apps.
- Ability to multitask on Zoom’s mobile app: Zoom Phone users can now access Zoom chat, contacts, and meeting features while on a Zoom Phone call.
- Human Interface Device (HID) command support: Zoom desktop and mobile apps now support call answer and mute/unmute of Zoom Phone calls from your preferred Bluetooth device.
- On-hold music management: Zoom Phone administrators can customize on-hold music preferences for their account.
“At Ebiquity, we rely on Zoom daily to keep our teams, prospects, and clients connected. It’s a super simple and intuitive communications platform. Once we started using Zoom Phone, it turned Zoom into a full-stack communication and collaboration platform for us, covering voice, video, and messaging all in one. In particular, it made it possible to transition from voice to video calls with ease and achieve an approach to communication that best suits our collaborative and innovative culture,” said Akin Akinyemi, director of IT & technology enablement for Ebiquity.
“Zoom Phone has been easy to deploy, straightforward for our team to use, and rock solid from a reliability standpoint. For our half-remote team, it’s perfect,” said Shane Scott, head of process for Illumin8.
“Zoom continues its bold foray into the UCaaS market announcing the availability of its successful Zoom Phone product in the UK and Australia,” said Elka Popova, global VP of connected work research at Frost & Sullivan.“The innovative provider reports impressive adoption of Zoom Phone in its domestic US market driven by the rapid launch of important new features, deep integrations, and flexible deployment options that promptly address key concerns and objectives of various stakeholders including IT staff, business leaders, and end users.”
Zoom Phone is available as an add-on for existing Zoom customers. Please visit zoom.com/phonesystem for more information.