Zoom: The Fastest Growing App on Okta
Note: This blog was modified 4/7/20 with an updated encryption reference.
On Thursday, Zoom’s CEO Eric S. Yuan participated in the Business @ Work panel at Okta HQ in San Francisco with representatives from Okta, Box, Slack, and Facebook. The event was streamed over Zoom Video Webinar to press around the country, and was covered by various news outlets including CNBC and ZDNet.
The event was a follow on to the Okta Business @ Work report, which looks at the current state of the apps and services on the Okta single sign-on platform, what tools their users are actually using at work, and in what context. Of note, the fastest growing app on the Okta platform is….drum roll please…Zoom! Usage of Zoom grew 67 percent over the last six months, beating out the second and third place apps by 20+ percentage points.
Why has Zoom rocketed up the Okta’s charts? The report doesn’t give details, but based on feedback from our own enterprise users, we can highlight the following features as important to businesses:
- Integrated all-in-one system for video, audio, collaboration, and IM/presence
- Cross-platform support brings together mobile, tablet, desktop, H.323/SIP room systems, and Zoom Rooms in a unified, frictionless experience
- Secure with AES-256 encryption
- Robust network of integrations including Okta, Salesforce, Slack, Marketo, and many more
- Modern, scalable backend architecture for unmatched service quality and reliability
- Unique features and products such as true mobile screen sharing and software-based conference room system Zoom Rooms
If you’d like to try Zoom for yourself, sign up for a free account, or check out a demo with a friendly Zoom product specialist today!