Zoomtopia 2019: We Couldn’t Have Done It Without You
Zoom’s annual user conference came to a triumphant close last Wednesday, and we cannot express enough thanks to everyone who attended, participated, presented, volunteered, and staffed Zoomtopia 2019 and made it such a smashing success. This year’s event invoked a space theme, but at the heart of it all was gratitude. And we hardly know where to start in expressing our gratitude for our customers, partners, sponsors, analysts, and everyone who helped make Zoom what it is today.
Our keynote speakers at the event, which included actor and producer Zachary Quinto, former NASA astronaut Mike Massimino, and Virgin Group founder Sir Richard Branson, all expressed their gratitude for the unique opportunities they have received and the life moments that have been instrumental in their success. Each of these larger-than-life individuals spoke about some of the experiences that they are most grateful for:
- Quinto landing the role of Spock in the “Star Trek” film reboot
- Massimino walking in space for the first time
- Branson being knighted by the Queen of England
We’re also grateful that we get to use Zoomtopia to provide you some exciting product updates and partnerships, which promise to shape the future of communications and workplace productivity for years to come. Highlights this year include:
- The advent of the Zoom Developer Pitch Competition for startups to develop innovative, game-changing applications on Zoom’s video-first unified communications platform.
- The launch of the Zoom Rooms Appliances program and a new hardware partnership with Norway-based startup Neat and additional, purpose-built solutions from DTEN and Poly.
- Live transcription and simultaneous interpretation for Zoom Meetings, as well as the meeting timeline feature, which is an AI-powered way to see a snapshot of key info from previous meetings, including attendees, the meeting notes, and important action items covered.
But ultimately, Zoomtopia is about our customers, and providing a fun, interactive way for you to get the most out of Zoom’s leading video-first unified communications platform — and to make it better — is the least we could do.
Zoom’s success is directly tied to the satisfaction and success of our users and partners, and Zoomtopia is our way of showing you how much we appreciate your continued loyalty, support, and encouragement. Each session at Zoomtopia aimed to give our users and partners the capabilities they need to accomplish more and drive their own business success.
Whether it was a product deep-dive focused on how to create an exceptional conference room experience or a discussion with industry leaders about the future of workplace communications, we wanted to give our customers the opportunity to immerse themselves in this information and leave our event better informed and inspired to create meaningful change within themselves, their organization, and the world.
As one customer reflected on his experience at Zoomtopia, “Zoom really kicked it up a notch this year. Thanks for having us.” But really, thank YOU. We couldn’t have done it without you.
Looking back, looking ahead
Be sure to check out the #Zoomtopia19 hashtag across Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram to see all the highlights from those at the event. And if you’re already looking forward to Zoomtopia 2020 (as we are), make sure to bookmark the Zoomtopia 2020 site to get updates on the event, including early-bird pricing!