Attending Zoomtopia 2023 in person or virtually? Here’s what you need to know before you go
Zoomtopia 2023 is coming up on Oct. 3 and 4 — we can’t wait to see you at our biggest event of the year. Whether this is your first time or you’re a Zoomtopia regular, whether you’re joining us in person or virtually, we’ve put together a handy guide to help you get ready so you can make the most of your time and soak up all there is to learn and experience.
Below, read more about:
- What to know as an in-person attendee
- What to know as a virtual attendee
- All attendees: don’t forget to…
What to know as an in-person attendee
We’ve got a one-of-a-kind event experience planned at the San Jose Convention Center on Oct. 3 and 4, complete with a solutions expo hall, hands-on labs, and plenty of opportunities to network and learn from your peers. And there’s still time to register to join us onsite! Here are a few things you need to know before you go:
What to bring and what to leave at home
Your packing list should include:
- Your laptop and any device chargers to take notes and participate in our sessions during Zoomtopia
- Business cards, if you want to connect with others
We strongly encourage you to leave large bags and items you won’t want to carry around at home or in your hotel room. We won’t have a coat check or bag storage area, and we can’t be responsible for items that are left unattended.
The onsite portion of Zoomtopia 2023 will be at the San Jose Convention Center in downtown San Jose, California — here’s some information on how to get there and where to park.
Registration is located on the Parkway level of the San Jose Convention Center (near the main entrance off San Carlos Street). All attendees will go through a security checkpoint when entering the venue and will need to present their photo ID at registration in order to pick up their badge.
- Monday, Oct. 2, 1-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 3, 6:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 4, 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
Only registered attendees will be allowed at the conference and Celebration of Happiness. We aren’t able to accommodate plus-ones, including children, at the event.
Services and support
Here’s some additional information you might need to know about the event experience:
- Language services: American Sign Language services will be provided onsite in San Jose and available for virtual attendees on Zoom Events. All keynotes will have Japanese translations via headsets while streamed sessions will provide remote translations in Spanish and Portuguese. International attendees who would like language services can pick up a headset in Exhibit Hall 1.
- Accessibility: Priority seating will be provided for in-person attendees who have accessibility needs.
- Emergency broadcast test: There will be a planned test of the National Emergency Broadcast system on Wednesday, Oct. 4, between 11:20-11:50 a.m. PT. The Zoomtopia security and show management teams will be monitoring this closely in partnership with the venue.
- Health and wellness: The event will be staffed with contracted emergency medical technicians (EMTs) who are prepared to intervene in case of any medical issues that arise. If anyone is experiencing any cold or flu-type symptoms, we ask that you please exit the venue. No COVID-19 tests will be administered onsite. Medical staff will be stationed within Hall 3 of the expo floor, in a dedicated office just off the main concourse (look for the EMT / First Aid sign).
Join us at the Celebration of Happiness
Wrap up Zoomtopia 2023 with our Celebration of Happiness at the end of day 2 on Wednesday, Oct. 4. Kick back and enjoy an evening of fun, starting with our happy hour networking event and capped off by our musical guests: the Chris Weaver Band and Ludacris!
- Happy Hour: 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Innovation Plaza
- Concert: 6:30-9 p.m. at San Jose Civic Center
Be sure to pick up your wristband at registration or at pop-up booths on the upper level concourse and expo floor on Wednesday, Oct. 4. The wristband will give you access to the Celebration of Happiness so you won’t need to wear your badge.
What to know as a virtual attendee
If you can’t be there in person, don’t miss out on all the exciting announcements and insights at Zoomtopia 2023. Our virtual experience allows thousands of people around the world to connect live — and there’s still time to register, if you haven’t already!
Since Zoomtopia is a truly hybrid event, you’ll be able to engage with others through live chat, reactions, and Q&A in most sessions.
How to join
Joining Zoomtopia virtually is easy — simply find your registration confirmation email and click “Agree and Join.” Or, you can go to the Zoomtopia event website (if you registered with your Zoom account, make sure you’re logged in!).
The Zoomtopia event lobby is your central hub for discovering sessions of interest, joining sessions, and chatting with others. Join the lobby before the event to view and bookmark sessions (more on that below), and come back bright and early on the morning of Oct. 3 for our live keynote at 9 a.m.
Visit our expo hall
During Zoomtopia, join our virtual expo floor to engage with Zoomtopia sponsors and learn about their products, services, and offerings. Our own Zoom teams will also have booths so you can learn more about:
- Workvivo, our employee engagement platform
- Zoom Events and Webinars
- Event Services at Zoom
- Zoom Calendar
- Zoom Team Chat
- Virtual UX research
- and much more!
Have fun networking!
Events are all about making new connections — just because you’re virtual, doesn’t mean you can’t participate in networking!
Create a profile in Zoom Events so you can socialize and network with others at Zoomtopia more easily. Once you create your profile, you can discover other people in the chat or event attendee list, or use our matching feature to find those with similar interests.
If you see an interesting person you can send a message, make a connection, have an ad-hoc video call, or schedule a meeting for later. Your profile and connections are persistent so you can keep track of new people you met at the event.
All attendees: don’t forget to…
Whether you’ll be at Zoomtopia in person or virtually, here are a few things you can do to prepare for a great event:
Build your agenda beforehand
Add sessions that match your interests to your itinerary, so you know where to go on event day and don’t miss a moment.
- Log in to the event on the Zoom mobile app, desktop app, or web via your Zoom account by clicking here, or by clicking the join link provided in your confirmation email.
- Join the event lobby.
- Click the Sessions tab to see the list of sessions you have access to.
- Tap the “bookmark” icon to bookmark sessions you are interested in (please note that bookmarking does not guarantee you a seat — sessions are first come, first served).
- Bookmarked sessions will now appear in your itinerary, where you can add them to your personal calendar.
Update your status
On the morning of Zoomtopia, don’t forget to set your status message letting your team know where you’ll be!
Connect with us on social
Throughout the event, share what you’re learning and what you’re most excited about with us! Use the #Zoomtopia hashtag when posting on social media and follow us @Zoom.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Zoomtopia wouldn’t be possible without our amazing sponsors! Check them out at our virtual or in-person expo hall!
It’s not too late to join us in person or virtually — register today to save your spot. See you there!